Yesterday I went down in the basement and retrieved the box containing my HF rig and paraphernalia. I brought the box up to my desk and took a look inside. After a few minutes, I closed the box and pushed it under my desk.
This morning, I decided to stop putting it off and get my HF stuff set up again. About two hours later, I had it all done. And there I sat, with no HF antenna up yet, I realized I may have wasted my morning. Before giving up, I decided to connect the 2M/440 antenna and make sure that worked. It didn't take long until I realized something wasn't working right.
I refreshed my memory by cruising through parts of the user's manual. Yup... Okay... Check. Still not sure, I downloaded the programming data from the radio so I could take a look at it. Yup... Okay... Nope. Doesn't look right. I imported updated repeater data to the RT Systems software, and then uploaded it to the radio. So, to make a long story shorter, the HF stuff is back in the box.
Not like it was a totally wasted day though. I took this opportunity to dust off my FT-7900, re-program it with my new data set, and got it up and running. Awesome!